Saturday, July 2, 2011

My First Time (Publishing) - Josh

On my First:
I recall with remarkable clarity the day the Fed-Ex truck arrived bearing several cardboard cartons for me. Each had the word Druids stenciled on the side. Some 15 years had passed since Barb Galler-Smith and I began the process which ultimately became the Druids trilogy, and this was the moment when the reality of it actually hit me -- like a linebacker on steroids with a score to settle. I'd sold short stories to magazines and anthologies, but this was the first time I'd ever seen my name on the front cover of a book. A real, live, honest-to-Gawd NOVEL!  So, how did I celebrate?  How did I show the world I'd overcome all the silly slings and arrows and petty crap that usually deep-sixes a nascent writing career?  I wept.

--Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment